Hi Mati -

The last I looked at Elsbett site, (and tried to sort through it), it
appeared that the  self-builder kits were only offered for certain
prechamber engines, and that they were testing TDi conversions. Are you sure
they are selling so-called self-builder kits for TDi? Perhaps they are only
doing in-shop full conversions on the direct injection engines? It was
difficult to tell from the site, but that was the impression I got.
Can anyone verify what Elsbett's offerings are at this time?

Ed B
www.biofuels.ca

> From: "Mati Kokk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 13:46:15 +0200
> To: <biofuel@yahoogroups.com>
> Subject: Re: [biofuel] Using cooking oil (neat) for fuel
>
> Well-know German company with long history and hundreds of patents (some of
> the patented inventions have been licenced to Audi and Wolksvagen) is selling
> equipment for retrofitting modern cars to neat (straight) vegetable oil.  A
> year ago ca 500 retrofitted cars were driving on German roads.   Due to zero
> excise tax for neat vegetable oil, the latter is much cheaper than ordinary
> diesel fuel in Germany.
> Both direct injection and indirect injection, mostly European cars are
> retrofitted. Ordinary diesel fuel is not necessary for startup and shutdown.
> See www.elsbett.com (in German only, but English speakers probably understand
> at least 50 % of the text)
> Last autumn the company sold also electricity generator sets which worked on
> neta vegetable oil, but I cannot see the pictures of the gensets on the
> website now.   The present website is less informative than their previous
> website. On their previous website there was a pricelist as well, where ca
> 50...60 different European cars were listed.
>
> Mati Kokk

Internal Cell Phone Antenna
Boosts reception on all cellular phones.
Just $19.99 at Youcansave.com
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L11sED/PkNDAA/ySSFAA/FGYolB/TM