Are these engines worth dealing with, from a reliability standpoint? I've
had one person tell me they're only usable for 400 - 500 hours, and then
it's rebuild time.

Anyone out there well versed in them? Any tips, comments or reviews?

The one that was just given to me has a build date of 12/69, is mechanical
direct injection, and has an aftermarket turbo installed.

Greg
Vista, CA

Note: @home.com email servers are ridiculously
unreliable. If I don't respond to a query, please
try again or use this address as an alternate:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Best damned Rhodesian Ridgeback in the world:
(and not just because she bit Mark P. in the leg..)
Mzirand. 2.27.90-4.17.01
RIP