My understanding is that the precumbustion chamber
aids in mixing the SVO and air and aids in more
complete combustion. I recall hearing of  problems
with SVO droplets spraying onto the cylinder walls and
therefore not being burned and in some cases seeping
past the rings and ending up diluting the crankcase
oil in direct inj. diesels. This may be due to a
higher viscosity of the SVO and might be countered by
having your injectors adjusted for the higher
viscosity of SVO. Of course if SVO is heated by the
time it hits the injectors I cant understand why this
would be the case. This could be a miscommunication
between the two SVO communities...one which advocates
no preheating of SVO and even mixing with diesel fuel
(who obviously live in a very temperate climate) and
one which preheats SVO and starts and stops on diesel.
I have no choice since I live in Minnesota and for 4
months of the year have to deal with SVO as a
solid...I must not only preheat for the inj. I have to
heat my SVO tank as well. It seems though that by
purging with diesel each start /stop cycle you also
avoid the problem of accumulation of Acreolien(sp?) on
your injectors. There are other forums that are
devoted to SVO that you may wish to research this on.

Does anyone lurking have any  experience with an SVO
direct injection engine?

Dana Linscott

http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1

Universal Inkjet Refill Kit $29.95