----- Original Message -----
From: "sameer bawa" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "biofuel" <biofuel@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2001 00:44
Subject: [biofuel] molecular sieves for dehydrating ethanol

> Can any one help me with companies manufacturing molecular sieves for
dehydrating ethanol?
> Thanks
>
> Sameer BawaGet more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download :
http://explorer.msn.com

I have heard of a little trick that might work, and it would be cheeper to
boot.  The idea was along the fact that water combines with lime and alcohol
does not.  I don't know if it will work, but, the idea behind it makes
sense.

Place the ethanol in a container like a 30 gal RubberMaid trash can.  Add
1/4 bag Portland cement, mix well, let settle, after 24 hrs, mix it all back
up, let settle again. Without disturbing the sedament, remove the alcohol to
just above the lime.  The lime in the can combines with the water and gets
solid (clumping). After it sets up, it can be removed from the can, leaving
unreacted lime to be mixed with the next batch of ethanol, with more added
as nessasary. A simple micron filter to remove any last lime, from the
alcohol would be all that was needed.

Anyone have any thoughts on it?

Greg H.

Universal Inkjet Refill Kit $29.95