Dana,

Thanks. I'm assuming that a two-tank system wherein dinodiesel or biodiesel
would be run at shutdown is not sufficient to wash these deposits off the
injectors -  that is,that the deposits are cooked on (or coked on) so
thoroughly that the dino flush doesn't touch them?

And - if heating gets rid of the nasty stuff (whatever it's called) I guess
one could heat SVO prior to throwing it in the tank. Of course then you're
adding greenhouse gases in the form of your methane or propane burner, plus
adding something to the cost of the fuel, so of course it would be nice to
be able to avoid this step.

First time I've ever heard of it, so maybe others will chime in that it's
not a problem. Have you been running mostly or exclusively WVO?

Craig

You wrote:

> As I understand it is a substance in "raw veg. oil"
> which cooks out at high temp. and contributes to heavy
> deposits on injectors etc. It may be some of the 15+
> micron stuff that filters out of WVO. Studies I have
> seen posted here and elsewhere would indicate to me
> that WVO user do not have as much problem if any with
> it since it is removed by filtering previously very
> hot oil. Steve Spence seems to have a handle on it if
> I recall. I can't even remember how to correctly spell
> it.
>
> Glad to have you aboard.
> Dana

Quit now for Great