After doing the math I see a conflict addressed below \/

(was)   Subject: Re: [biofuel] Steam powered bike

The web page,
entitled:    "Efficiency of Fuel Cells"
  subtitle: "Fuel-Cell-Powered Electric Car"

when doing the calculations;
   80 percent - efficiency of the electric motor/inverter
x 30 to 40 percent - efficiency converting methanol to electricity
x 80 percent - efficiency converting electricity to mechanical power
÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷
about 19-26% overall efficiency for Fuel-Cell-Powered Electric Car.

> How stuff works explains efficiency;
> 24-32% Fuel-Cell-Powered Electric Car
>   20% Gasoline-Powered Car
>   26% Battery-Powered Electric Car (combustion process - power plant)
>   65% Battery-Powered Electric Car (HydroElectric plant)
> "Efficiency of Fuel Cells"
> http://www.howstuffworks.com/fuel-cell4.htm
> or page thru from the beginning http://www.howstuffworks.com/fuel-cell.htm

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!