Keith,

Good job, and thanks a bunch! When I run into potential new converts to
what one friend calls "My Cult" (SVO/WVO) I can just email them this
page and save myself lotsa time!

I would only add one comment. While I agree with you that Ed Beggs from
Neoteric Biofuels absolutely knows his stuff - I paid him to consult
with me on my project (conversion of my Land Rover Defender to the 300
Tdi engine with a dual-tank biodiesel/SVO-WVO system) and got my money's
worth in the form of great advice - I also respect the experience of
Charlie Anderson from Greasel. And while I agree with you that the Racor
LFS 28 (28 micron) stainless mesh filter contained in the Greasel kit
(and recommended by Joshua Tickell in "From the Fryer to the Fuel Tank"
as well) is not fine enough for a final fuel filter, it's important to
point out that Charlie recommends pre-filtering (prior to adding SVO/WVO
to the fuel tank) with a .5 micron fuel filter - at which point the LFS
28 is going to be adequate, plus isn't going to need cleaning very
often, if at all.

Having said that, I'm still going with two of Racor's #215 filters with
cartridge-type filters - a 30-micron as my primary filter, with the
water-probe/in-cab water alert feature, and a 10 micron final filter
(and I got a 2-micron element for it - if it doesn't clog to frequently,
I'll probably go with that size as my final filter.) I'm willing to give
up the cost advantages of the cleanable LFS 28 for the added protection
of the cartridge-type, but more the budget-minded would probably do just
fine with the SFS 28 if they pre-filtered to .5 microns, I think.

And just to be extra careful, I'm also going to use the .5 micron mesh
filters Greasel sells, and pre-filter any SVO or WVO before it goes into
the tank - and also run this pre-filtered oil through West Marine's Baja
Fuel Filter which filters out any water in the oil, when running WVO.

Thanks again for your prodigious research and editing skills!

Craig

Keith Addison wrote:

>  New page on SVO at Journey to Forever:
>
> http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_svo.html