Hi Ken

>Keith:
>
>Thanks back at ya for the composting answer.

You're more than welcome.

>I'm a city guy these
>days, but when I retire to the boondocks I'll be composting and
>using a septic tank, so I'm trying to learn about it ahead of time.

Can do in the city, even in an apartment. I made hot compost in a
14x14x12" box last year, very small, allegedly much too small, but it
worked fine. Nice free heat source too, that I didn't have a use for
then.

>The only actual product I've found that uses fatty acids as an
>herbicide is called Scythe, and it's pelargonic acid, AKA nonanoic
>acid -- 9 carbons long, half the length of oleic. But I  bet oleic works
>too!.....

Why don't you try it? Could be the use for the stuff you're looking
for, and not just you. I had an insecticide made from fatty acids,
used it in Hong Kong against fire ants, very effective, safe,
non-toxic, biodegradeable, sold by an organics company, but I can't
find details of it now. Also insecticidal soap, based on fatty acids,
certified for organic use, used against aphids, red spider mite,
white fly etc, but doesn't harm plants or flowers. Maybe all this
bears some investigation, could be a useful outlet for waste products.

Regards

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.
FREE Money 2002.