I think the Merlin Roadster is a significant improvement in style
compared to the Morgan, Messerschmitt, or the BMW 3-wheeled cars.

The Merlin Roadster is so interesting that I have added a link to my
Starship Generations website, under the renewable energy
transportation section at the bottom of the page... it is truely an
extension of the bare-bones concepts I had presented earlier!

http://geocities.com/womplex_oo1/StarshipGenerations.html

It's Made In America, unlike most fuel efficient cars. California to
be exact. And they're taking orders as we speak. Apparently there is
a dealership just across the border from Sarnia in Burton, Michigan...

Merlin Dealerships
http://www.corbinmotors.com/dealer_merlin.html

They're getting alot of coverage, they were featured in Maxim in
April, got airtime during this year's Superbowl, and will get 5
minutes of coverage in the new Austin Powers film Goldmember. They
even have a dealership in Hawaii. In Canada they are selling in
Vancouver and Grand Prairie Alberta, and moving steadily east across
North America. I think this will be my first car. I like the colors
it comes in: chrome, black, metallic red, metallic blue or metallic
tangerine. For an extra $1700 it comes with an all-chrome alloy
wheels and chrome/black motor. Can't wait to fire up this bad boy.

They have videos:
http://www.corbin.com/funstuff/merlin.shtml

During Earth Week, Corbin Motors was invited by the Earth Day
Coordinator for NASA Ames Research Center to show off their Roadster
as part of their Sustainable Communities by the Bay Theme for
individuals seeking out alternative forms of transportation.

Testimonial, "It's really a different experience. In handling it,
it's got the feeling of a motorcycle and a car. There's no sensation
you're on three wheels. Because of the front wheel steering and front
wheel drive, you're always pulling it. Basically, the rear tire is
there to keep the back up! This vehicle's got a lot of feedback.
You're driving by the seat of your pants and you're going 85 mph.
It's awesome...actually, it's beyond awesome!"

Here's a quote from Forbes Magazine, "the Merlin has roughly the same
power-to-weight ratio as a $43,365 Porsche Boxster--and, at $23,900,
costs about $20,000 less."

It's also being featured on the Space.com website:
http://www.space.com/businesstechnology/technology/tech_today.html

I'm going to buy one as soon as I can.  I live alone so I don't care
if it doesn't have a second seat.  I like the fact that the Merlin
Coup gets 70-90 mpg, that's equal or better than any diesel or hybrid
electric on the market.  If they made it diesel it'd probably get 120
mpg, and a hybrid-electric version 150.  A direct liquid fuel cell
version would probably get 400 mpg, but would be too expensive.
Maybe I'll be lucky, by the time they are in production (mid 2003)
they will be flexible fuelled, i.e. gasoline/ethanol, so I won't have
to do the conversion myself (not that I can't).

After that I'll start building an ethanol still.  After all, the oil
crisis is coming, say 8 years from now, maybe 12-14 years if we're
lucky...

Will You Find True Love?
Will You Meet the One?
Free Love Reading by phone!