>man do i disagree...to a point,  i feel suv's are fine, though i agree that
>if one is city bound, (you can have it) there is no need for one,

I should have told you I live in Phoenix, AZ where there are few hills,
slight chance for snow, even slighter for rain, and a plethora of soccer
moms driving Lincoln Navigators to the beauty parlor.  Seems like every
night I see a story on the news with some kind of either fatal or near-fatal
accident between a on-the-phone soccer mom, in what would have been, until
recently, considered a tank, and a family in an import, three of which were
smashed to smithereens my a vehicle, built for
heavy-duty-off-road-trailer-pulling-up-a-mud-wall (now with a car-like
suspension, by the way) on it's way to the supermarket.  What's really funny
(to me) is when two of them collide and the drivers (always alone) are cut
in half by the seatbelt as tons of
re-enforced-drive-through-the-mountain-not-over-it steel frames refuse to
give way.

SUVs are dangerous, they pollute, they roll over, they smash families in
imports to smithereens, and they're almost always right on my tail.  Oh
yeah, they raise fuel prices, and insurance rates for the rest of us to
boot.

You drive an SUV in the city, you might as well be hanging your middle
finger out the window yelling, "ME ME ME ME!"

Thank you, all of you, for having the courage and wisdom to search for
alternate means of transportation.

Ryan