I think the answer you got was both polite and quite correct, and that
you're probably lucky he got back to you (especially in summer!).

The info on Biox and the process is available on the Biox site, and further
info  can be had easily via Google.

 The process is well along and licensed from the U of T Foundation to Biox.
They have it well in hand, with support and funding from government and
industry. If you have the money for a continuous production plant, they're a
good bet - if you don't have the big bucks and ready markets for what comes
out the pipe, built whatever  size batch plant you want or go SVO.

Various continuous plants exist and more will be developed. Between that and
economy of scale and with excellent transportation links in Canada and US,
the regional scale batch plant will have great difficulty competing, IMO.

The "plan", and it is no big secret, is to sell Biox plants, large ones, to
whoever steps up with the cash. So far, the rendering companies look like a
good bet.

So if you want your biodiesel cheap, and largely from dead animals, there
you go. The market will be thus served, if cheapest is the only criteria.

Boocock is probably also quite correct in stating that the majority of home
brew biodiesel does not meet standards.

Edward Beggs, BES, MSc
Neoteric Biofuels Inc.
Located in the Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada
1-250-768-3169 Fax: 1-250-768-3118
Toll-Free (Canada/USA): 1-866-768-3169
http://www.biofuels.ca
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

on 8/17/02 7:37 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hello Keith and all,
>
> I thought I would play the straight man and see if any additional information
> was available  in regards to biox and wrote
> Prof Boocock at U Toronto
>

>> My question, is there a simpler process for the home producer.  The system
>> know of is a lengthy process of measuring, heating, filtering, separating
> and
>> washing not to mention waiting.
>> Do you have a web site or know of a web site with a faster version of
> process
>> than the method I have at hand?
>>
> Prof Boocock's answer
> "There are now standards (ASTM) for Biodiesel which in particular limit the
> content of glycerides and fatty acids as well as limit the flashpoint. Home
> producers are of course not limited by these standards.  There are recipes
> around which involve the mixing of waste vegtable oils and methanol and
> lye--then separating off the glycerol, followed by water washing.  I suspect
> that people sewer the glycerol and wash water.  Although people report
> running succesfully on the product, it is nowhere near Biodiesel standard
> and could possibly over the long haul cause both injector and engine
> problems. I am sure that you could find "recipes| on the web--do a search
> engine on "Biodiesel""
>
> I guess that this response is the "I have something better than you and your
> ethics and process stink" answer.  I maybe wrong, it wouldn't be the first
> time.
>
> As Edward Beggs said, "If it works as planned, biodiesel will be too cheap to
> meter."
> That would be great, but it would be nice to know the plan.

> Biofuels list archives:
> http://archive.nnytech.net/

> To unsubscribe, send an email to:

4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now