>--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "bendo4000" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Im exploring the idea of ethonol conversions on my farm equipment. I
> > have found many sites converting standard 4 stroke engines to
>ethanol.
> > I was interested if anyone has had any luck converting 2 stroke
> > lawnmowers , edgers, chainsaws, generators even 2 stroke trail
>bikes.
> > I cant see any problems with the mix .... according to a biodiesel
>mix
> > you can combime ethanol and veg oil.... has anyone out there had any
> > luck???
> >
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]   any info would be much apreciated! even if its
> > just a "it worked for me"     thanks for ur trouble!
>
>Can't help re. your ethanol query, however I have heard reports of
>people using biodiesel as two-stroke oil with gasoline (in chainsaws
>etc.)
>
>Mike

We have had some reports of using biodiesel as 2-stroke oil. It's a
super lubricator and seems to work fine. Older engines might need a
higher mix ratio - one earlier message advised:

"Old two-stroke engines like yours usually have bronze wrist pin bearings
and thus require a richer oil mixture to adequately lube that bushing.
Incidentally in a two stroke you will often find the wrist pin bearing fails
first from poor lubrication (It is just much harder to get the oil into it!)
  I would recommend at least to stick with the 20-1 or even 15-1 seeing as
biodiesel is a "thinner" oil than normal two-stroke oil. I have no idea what
effect bio-diesel would have on the octane of gasoline but it probably isn't
so important on old engines because they usually have a very low c/r anyway."

Actually it turns out biodiesel isn't thinner than standard 2-stroke
oil, or not by much.

New engines need what, 50:1 or less? Try it and see, start with a
higher ratio than recommended for standard oil. At least one list
member uses biodiesel with his chain saw, no problems when last we
heard.

You can mix vegetable oil with anhydrous ethanol, and 95% ethanol
will do as well, probably even 160-proof with such small amounts of
oil, and ethanol and biodiesel mix even better, stable mix, so you
should have no problems, no need for blending additives.

Castor oil was the traditional 2-stroke lube, and it's still used in
racing I think. Expensive though. If I had a 2-stroke now I'd want to
be using ethanol and biodiesel. When I did have a 2-stroke I often
used fuel ethanol in it, no problem. No biodiesel then (that was 40
years ago).

Best

4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now
http://us.click.yahoo.com/pt6YBB/NXiEAA/mG3HAA/FGYolB/TM