Hello,
I was wondering if anyone had used Drano Crystal as a source
of Sodium Hyrdoxide, as I have been unable to easily find Red
Devil Lye. (have not looked too hard yet.)
I almost posted this without doing research, and decided
to look at what is in Drano Crystal. Seems like it's 54.2% NaOH,
see links below. So it probably wouldn't work to make biodiesel.
tom.

http://www.frankmckinnon.com/sodium_hydroxide1.htm
Lewis - Red Devil Lye
[U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service,
Center for Disease Control, National
Institute for Occupational Safety Health. Registry ofToxic Effects of
Chemical Substances (RTECS). National
Library of Medicine's current MEDLARS file.,p. 86/8604]**PEER
REVIEWED**

Drano crystals contain 54.2% sodium hydroxide; Clinitest tablets
contain 232.5 mg sodium hydroxide /From table/
[Gossel, T.A., J.D. Bricker. Principles of Clinical Toxicology. 3rd
ed. New York, NY: Raven Press, Ltd.,
1994. 224]**PEER REVIEWED**

4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now
http://us.click.yahoo.com/pt6YBB/NXiEAA/MVfIAA/FGYolB/TM