----- Original Message -----
From: "Keith Addison" <

> Anyway, isn't this what SF writers call a monofilament?

Monofilament is only one molecule/atom thick in total from edge to edge (
think of monofilament fishing line, not very thin, but, that is due to the
size of the molecule in the first place ).  The Buckytubes have a thickness
of one carbon atom for each wall, so, that is two walls plus the interior of
the cylinder in thickness total.  From what I understand of the technology,
the maximum diameter of a Buckytube is only limited but the molecular
strength of the material ( carbon in this case ).

>SF
> monofilaments can cut through anything. If it's that type of
> monofilament, 500 bucks for a gram of it would be a good buy - that
> sounds like a whole lot of nanotube.

That would be, if it was one continuous tube. Most are shorter that than
anyone of the letters in this e-mail.

Greg H.

Plan to Sell a Home?
http://us.click.yahoo.com/J2SnNA/y.lEAA/MVfIAA/FGYolB/TM