Hi Todd,

It was irresistible :)

I have nothing against hemp walls, but to introduce yet an other
experimental construction material, without major benefits in cost or
properties? I believe that hemp can be used for a great number of purposes,
among them medical and clothing. As a material, hemp can substitute many
oil products. I am a supporter of hemp and its features, except smoking it
myself. Bricks are hardly used as building material in countries with high
labor costs, not because of the cost of material. but the intensive labor
needed. If hemp are used for other purposes and grown for that, maybe hemp
can compete with straw on a cost basis.

Cereal straw is not the crop, it is a byproduct from production of a
necessary food supply.

R-values (U-values) is not always the most important feature of the
material for energy transmission. Please visit my
site  http://energysavingnow.com/ and read more about it.

But if anyone wants to have hemp in wall construction, I would not oppose,
as long as all the other important things are there. The only thing I say
is that it does not have a ground breaking feature that will motivate me to
pay more. If it would be very cheap and simple to build with, it is an
other story.

Hakan

Home Selling? Try Us!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/QrPZMC/iTmEAA/MVfIAA/FGYolB/TM