Dear Todd,

I thought I covered the whole of  this answer in,

1. Manipulation of the emission factors for the construction.
2  Control of air leakage and window insulation.

I am not clear on if you wanted to have a list or you wanted to do it
yourself, if you look at our site you will find those and some more of
them. I thought we discussed principles, not details. Details will fill up
its own discussion list, but if you get the principles wrong, you will
chase ghosts. I have heard what you are saying repeatedly during 30+ years
and still we could at the end make a big difference. It is maybe ok that
you are saying this, because you are not a professional in the industry,
but educated engineers (your advisers) says the same and that is not ok. It
is something awfully wrong with the understanding of how both buildings and
people works. Only such a basic principle as. that we are not heating or
cooling the body, we are actually working with accommodation of a heat
source of 37 centigrade temperature, that need around 80 Watt losses
(cooling) in idling mode and more in working mode. The heat source (body)
temperature needs to be kept at 37 +/- 0.5 centigrade. The source works
with radiation (50%), convection (24%) and evaporation (22%) in idling
mode. In working mode the source will compensate with a much larger part of
evaporation. Please read more on our web site http://energysavingnow.com/ ,
because this mail will be too long otherwise.

We have basically two categories of buildings, residential and tertiary.
Grassroots lives in residential and companies in tertiary, to make it simple.
The tertiary is maybe the one that causes most problems and this is not a
grassroots problem. I have been part of an cycle of 45 years and neither I
or the oil reserves will last that long, if we have to be so slow again in
other areas.

The thing is that Amory Lovins adequate insulation, must be adequate,
otherwise he will be far from making the US oil independent and since I did
not knew the details, I thought it was a serious statement. As I said, the
products and actions are many, but we have some really wrong here and that
is the understanding of some major principles. One of the is that air
temperature and air, is not the best medium and if you compensate
other  mistakes or bad designs with warm air, you have this situation with
enormous amounts of hot air that we try to keep inside as long as possible
and with enormous energy waste. To do it right, you must have at least a
minimal understanding on emission/storage/timings etc. in your environment.
Todays waste is the result of lack of this minimal understanding and the
use of U-values in linear methods for design. dimensioning and control.
Linear methods that already from the beginning was known to be awfully
inaccurate.

When you make bio fuels, you need to understand the process and know the
quantities to make it and you must know how to use it. Why do you not have
the same demands for people that make our buildings or give you advices on
how to correct the mistakes of the people to made the buildings?

This was a long answer, as yours, but it was also necessary. I learn a lot
about bio fuels and other tings on this list, but I have not learned or
have  experience to say that I know enough. One day hopefully, because I am
a curious person, I will start to practise what I am learning about making
bio fuels. For now I am learning because I need to know more about
renewable sources, before I publish material on our site.

What got me started on this,. was my admiration of Keith's motives,
knowledge and work in a developing part of the world. My opinion is that
the developed countries are heading for a very hard landing, if not a
crash, with very large planes and the developing countries are trying to
get off the ground with ultra lights. If you ever piloted a plane, you know
that the large ones are less sensitive and easier than the smaller ones.
But if you do a mistake in those speeds or the systems fails, the are very
unforgiving and consequences disastrous.

Hakan

4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now
http://us.click.yahoo.com/pt6YBB/NXiEAA/MVfIAA/FGYolB/TM