Hi Todd

This is very interesting. MM, you get your answer at last, if not
from Mr Noyes.

>Keith,
>
>I appreciate your addressing the major, periphery and subsurface
>issues that you have with Mr. Noyes, bringing them to the front.
>I've seen few able to put the issues in such concise perspective.
>Certainly short-windedness is not always a demonstrated virtue
>here.
>
>My personal assessment of your response is that Mr. Noyes should
>be either slightly taken aback or not exactly pleased with a
>rebut of such dynamic proportions, or both.

I guess so. I'm certainly not trying to annoy him, but I would like
some answers and haven't had very many, just more things to question.

Now I really want some substantiation of his allegations that large
quantities of poor-quality homebrew have caused problems that have
given biodiesel a bad name and so on:

"I have seen home-brewed biodiesel
cause problems in multiple locations and it has taken significant
efforts to undo the damage. One region of the country in particular
had large quantities of homegrown off-spec fuel that was being sold
and distributed.  The use of biodiesel was substantially delayed in
this area until trust for the fuel was re-established."

Etc. Has anybody here heard any hint or inkling of this? Anything at
all to add? Or is it just an apocryphal tale, an industry myth, as I
suspect, based on ignorance and prejudice? If industry holds and puts
about such myths, then they're even more responsible than I thought
for the division between industry and the "grassroots biodiesel
movement" that Mr Noyes decries, and for biodieselers' distrust of
them.

Yes, I think Mr Noyes was a bit taken aback. I get the impression
that industry, or at least some within the industry, tend to
stereotype us somewhat, and the stereotype way misses the mark. We're
not the sloppy bunch Mr Noyes apparently expected. I do hope he takes
it to heart and takes the opportunity to educate himself a bit now on
the "informal sector" rather than withdrawing, prejudices intact. But
I'm not holding my breath.

Anyway, Todd, if he's annoyed with me I don't think he's going to be
exactly delighted with you.

Well, he should be able to defend himself, eh?

Thanks for this information. Should World Energy even be referring to
itself as part of the biodiesel industry? Just a trading company, no?

"Capitalism, not Corporatism" - yes, indeed! And an END to the second
dressing itself up as the first.

Regards

Keith

Plan to Sell a Home?