As interested as I am in the political discussion, I also have a very
specific biodiesel question. In the section of J-to-F showing Aleks'
acid-base method, picture 7 is labelled "first-stage glycerine" and
shows a layer of glycerine under some biodiesel/oil combination.
Was this a bit of "fudging" on his part, or maybe just a mislabelling?
I've tried a lot of different ways to get a true TRANSesterification,
with glycerine separation, using only conc. H2SO4 as a catalyst,
and I've NEVER gotten it to work. Anybody out there ever had success
as shown in picture 7 using only acid?