Niel,

I thought by translation from Swedish that it is usually direct related to
the size of the yearly addition of thickness and the age of the tree. This
does not necessary translates to the hardness of the wood, but in many
cases it does. What it does translate to is the time it takes for the tree
to grow. Teak, Oak, Jacaranda, Balsa, etc is hardwood and Pine is softwood.
I doubt that the American pallets are made of Balsa, but if they are it is
equally wrong and also totally useless. Maybe it is a translation error
here and then I apologize.

The point was the time it takes to produce the wood, not the hardness. If
American pallets are made of a fast growing hardwood, I must have made a
mistake.

Hakan

At 07:17 AM 11/25/2002 +1100, you wrote:

> [...]

ˇFREE Health Insurance Quotes-eHealthInsurance.com
http://us.click.yahoo.com/1.voSB/RnFFAA/46VHAA/FGYolB/TM