Hi Motie

>--- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, "Prairie Dog" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > Sorry to start this up again, but I just HAD to...

So much for last words, eh, Joel? Especially since it had already
been posted. It was the main point in the original ref I gave Greg:
http://ens-news.com/ens/jul2002/2002-07-11-06.asp
Conflicting Reports Shade Forest Fire Debate

> > -Joel R.
> >

>(sarcasm)
>OK! You've convinced me! I'll immediately start a Petition to make
>the local Golf Course quit destroying their beautiful Greens and
>Fairways with their Mowers. Some greedy person is probably making
>money selling the clippings. No more Mowers on our Golf Courses!
>Every few years, a burn may be acceptable, but only if it is set by
>lightning strikes. Under Clinton's Roadless Initiative, no firetrucks
>will be allowed access to control the fires, until the buildings are
>endangered, and even then only the buildings can be saved.
>
>The Farmers are next! Those greedy Capitalists must be stopped from
>clear-cutting those Amber waves of Grain. If we allow them to keep
>destroying the crops through clear-cutting methods, we'll all soon
>starve, and our croplands will all be bare dirt. We must
>protect 'our' croplands from those greedy Farmers. Let's all chain
>ourselves to a cornstalk, and keep those Combines from destroying a
>corn field near you! Force them to do an Environmental Impact Study,
>under our supervision. Studies can be completed in 2 years or less,
>but we need the Courts to stop the destruction until the Study is
>complete. Does anyone know how to effectively 'Spike' a cornstalk, or
>put sand in the engine on a Harvester?

Hakan said this in a previous response to Joel:

<snip>

>Motie who is deeply involved with forest management in the area
>where he lives, have some local and particular problems. This
>has to do with how his particular forest works and how different
>interest groups acts with regards to his forest. When I say his
>forest, I mean the forest that he has interest in. Motie made it
>clear from the outset of the discussion, that he was talking
>about his forest and his opinion of what happened there.

<snip>

>Keith who is a knowledgeable man in this field, picked up on
>the global aspect, but not without first recognizing Motie's
>competence and that he was the best one to talk for his
>forest.

I accepted that, but I don't accept this, what you're saying here,
not if you followed the discussion I had with Greg, not as anything
but a rare exception.

Regards

Keith