----- Original Message -----
From: "csakima" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Me thinks part of the problem lies in the fact that, when god's/nature's
> engineers were designing our world, "profit" was not one of their "design
> considerations".  Well, not one with any large priority anyways.
>
> Curtis

Agree with you there Curtis, falls under the category of what I call
"The three great destroyers of Rational thinking and Actions'
Economics, Politics and Religion.
Interestingly all man conceived disciplins.

Hard to think of anything positive mankind has done for the earth. Aside
from feeding nutrients back into the earth via our bodily wastes and waste
bodies, are we capable of doing anything but meddling? Even these positive
aspects are localised and segregated.
The ultimate parasite.
Not being morbid here, life is great, but our species has a lot to answer
for

Regards  Paul Gobert.