I have just tried to make a 1 litre batch of biodiesel using ethanol (200 proof
IDAA denatured ) using the instructions on Journey to forever. I titrated the
oil to 3.7g and used the recommended 7 g/l as a start point before titration.

I did ask myself why would you use 7 grams, when 3.5 is normal and the alcohol
should make no real difference. Anyway the predicatable happened, with 10.7
grams of Naoh and 300 ml of ethanol I now have 1 litre of jelly.

This is usual for a situation with too much NaOH. I strongly suspect 7 grams
per litre as a start point may be wrong, can anyone advise on this, and if they
had success. I would like to try this out for the methanol safety reasons.

I was given 1 litre of this ethanol and I do not want to waste it at 30% usage
per litre of oil as it will not go far.

Many thanks,
Matt