Yes, SAD can be reduced by going outside.  =)  Sometimes that isn't always
an option, and it helps to have the full spectrum lighting.

Conservation is key. How transportation is set up is highly important to
transportation energy conservation.  I walk to work most days, but I am
unusually lucky in this respect.  Looking at the Demographic of the
Silicon Valley here, the two largest energy users are business and
transportation, both which could stand vast improvements.  Business will
not conserve unless forced to, ie. higher business energy rates, and the
transportation sector will not change unless absolutely forced to via
state/federal mandates (CARB ZEV/milage standards) or competition.  I
think we are seeing that the Japanese are leading the way to conservation
with hybrids, and Europe will be coming up with clean efficient diesels.

But with a president that is moving against the will of the people of the
united states in his war machine to the middle east, the only hope is that
his advisors for his next election campaign will notice the pollster drop
and rally for a new term instead of BigOil interests.  Highly unlikely,
but possible.  So, now you all know who NOT to vote for in the coming
election .....

BTW, has anyone heard anything about a draft?  ;-)

James Slayden