Keith,

Interesting article and study, but also very
unsettling.  I had a hard time accepting this study
that is premised on cannibalism, even though a bit of
looking on the web revealed that Cornish chicks tend
to be cannabilistic.  I wonder why they didn't use
rats or weasels, or something similar that eats eggs.

thor

Keith wrote:

"Anyway, as a final comment perhaps, here's a study
that found that the production from such
industrialized "farming" operations, in this case
eggs, were less nutritious than no eggs at all.

http://www.rhealiving.com/gcrfarm/farm_and_poultry/Free_Range_Eggs_Study.htm
Free-Range Eggs vs. Grocery Store Eggs in Chicks"