A article that sums up recent events and doesn't hold back --

 Fake terror alerts:
 by John Kaminski
 2-8-3
 http://www.timewedo.com/special/kaminski/fake.shtml

 How stupid do they think we are? Only hours after our much-praised Secretary
of State is
 revealed to have been using material plagiarized from a college student to
justify why we're going
 to kill thousands of people with bombs, our government issues a terror alert
and expects us to
 believe it?

 And how stupid are we? We believe it.

 Everybody takes it seriously even though Colin Powell has been shown to
 have perpetrated a colossal lie before the entire world, sitting in front of
the
 assembled multitude of rectitude at the United Nations, exposed as having
 tried to pass off a decade-old college post-graduate thesis as supposedly
 cutting-edge Department of Defense intelligence. Used before the most
 august leaders of the world, this is supposed to be the best we can do? For
 all that money in the defense budget?

 I mean, shouldn't we be embarrassed to be caught in such a childish lie?
 Could the U.S. government have reached a new low in their sluggish and
 unintelligent efforts to convince the world it should bomb everything that
 doesn't "love our freedom?"

 But it didn't matter. The American people have become such dullards that
 apparently nobody made the connection concerning lying about the reasons
 for bombing Iraq and lying about the terror alert. Certainly not the TV
 news robots.

 Stupidest of all? The terror alert was meant to cover up the Secretary of
 State's very own sophomoric faux pas, but the piggies needn't have
 bothered.

 The TV anchorpeople, who worry a lot more about their hair than they do
 the fate of the world, didn't even blink an eye, didn't even make the
 connection, that if Powell is fabricating evidence culled from the out-of-date
research ÷ the grad
 student's work was assessing conditions in Iraq more than a decade ago ÷ then
what possible
 evidence could this most "humane" member of the Bush Cabal of Death have been
using to
 suddenly whip up a new terror alert ÷ which served no greater purpose than to
take the world's
 focus off his own obvious incompetence and insincerity.

 His own lies. There could be no clearer evidence that the United States is
lying ÷ not only about
 its own objectives but also about its own methods, its own performance ÷ and,
as I'm sure our
 genuine enemies would notice, and most dangerous of all ÷ its actual
capabilities. There may be
 no doubt that the U.S. could totally vaporize Baghdad, and no doubt that
America's demonic
 weapons of mass destruction have turned large swaths of Third World countries
into radioactive
 wastelands, but there are real doubts that this two-faced gang of armchair
cutthroats have the
 ability, the will or the intent to defend our country.

 Just look at the investigation into 9/11, the biggest crime in American
history, and let me know if
 you see one. Just look at Enron, the biggest robbery in American history, and
let me know if you
 see the big perps being brought to justice.

 Lies. Everywhere you turn are lies, couched in trite buzzphrases, uttered by
incompetent
 functionaries like Ashcroft, who couldn't even make a decent middle school
debate team, not to
 mention Bush, who will never learn that sincere statements later learned to be
false mean you can
 never reach people again.

 Or maybe you can. Maybe people don't really care if the world is destroyed, if
their own sons
 return to the Fatherland contaminated by radioactivity and poison vaccines.
The insincerely
 enraptured media suckups, who have their own challenges to overcome, insist
Bush is popular,
 but average people at the shopping center now only say that if they think the
Homeland Security
 camera is on them.

 Lies. Like the new information about the Patriot missiles that the U.S. has
sold to practically
 every country that wanted one. During the first Gulf War massacre, the
Pentagon claimed a 100
 percent kill-ratio against those evil Scud missiles launched by Saddam. Now
the news is the
 Patriot missiles never hit a single Scud, or that the kill-ratio was somewhere
in the range of 7
 percent, at best.

 Just like the phony U.S. missile tests we see in the news every now and then.
Those missiles can't
 hit spit unless there's a GPS beacon in the target. But the well-coiffed media
harlots always
 reports those tests as if they were some actual triumph of technology, rather
than the totally
 bogus corporate political propaganda they are. Speaking of that, did you hear
Raytheon, the
 company that made the Patriot missiles, was also hired to evaluate their
performance, for a cool
 half million? It's the Arthur Andersen principle, still working fine.

 Our genuine enemies ÷ as opposed to the ones cooked up at CIA secret meetings
and funded
 covertly by third parties (are you listening, Bob Graham?) ÷ must be noticing
that a Patriot
 missile couldn't hit a mule in the ass with a banjo.

 Just like the phony scripted news alerts on CNN that don't mean anything,
either ÷ they just
 condition people to ignore all news alerts ÷ all this talk about terror alerts
reveals to our genuine
 enemies that we are all bluster without competence, all talk and no game, not
to mention genuine
 toughness. Living the soft life of the complacent West, we rely on our
high-tech toys to do our
 killing for us, and when those toys don't work, those softie Western soldiers
have a real problem,
 like crashing their own helicopters or bombing their own allies because
they're doing too many
 drugs. Too bad the war on drugs doesn't work on the drugs used for war.

 The only reason for this terror alert was to take the focus off Powell's
laziness, his unprofessional
 reliance on a British report that was nothing more than verbatim excerpts from
an out-of-date
 war college paper, which he passed off as the best the American government
could produce
 about its knowledge of what is really going on in Iraq. An utterly pathetic
and incompetent
 performance by a government that has received a permanent free pass from
uncritical media
 stooges.

 These stooges are fakes themselves, and so is Powell, and so are his terror
alerts. And by their
 belief in all these false statements ÷ these fake terror alerts ÷ so are the
American people, who
 have become, in the eyes of so many innocents abroad, the scourge of the
earth, for their
 misinformed malice and imbecilic indifference.

 The biggest terror alert of all ÷ 9/11 ÷ was an event manufactured by the very
people who are
 supposed to be our leaders, our benefactors, not our plunderers. Don't argue ÷
the evidence is
 plentiful, despite the stalled official investigation. Now, the biggest worry
becomes the matter of
 when they will decide we need another dose to convince us we are in danger and
they are our
 saviors.

 9/11 occurred at a time when the cabal was devising new and draconian
restrictions on our
 freedom called the Patriot Act, which was passed shortly after that disaster.
Now comes word
 that a new Patriot Act II has been devised in secret.

 Can we make the connection between the act of writing the new rules for
totalitarian control and
 the horrendous act necessary to justify its imposition? And can we make it in
time?

 Not likely, because we're as stupid as they think we are.

 John Kaminski lives and writes on the coast of Florida while watching the
destruction of
 civilization by shallow and insincere men who don't tell the truth most of the
time and don't really
 care that they don't.