--- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, "Appal Energy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Fur Free Friday at 7th and Nicollett in Minneapolis Minnesota,
the
> day after thanksgiving 1999.  Protesters who were chained
together
> were placed in a choke hold by law enforcement.  Pepper spray
was
> administered to a swab and applied to each protester.  There
was no
> reason for this other than torture.  I was there, I saw this
happen.
> Too bad I did not have a camera.

Same thing, different day....  You should see the movie. (Yes. It
is on tape.)
http://www.radioproject.org/transcripts/9926.html

In its report Amnesty International said that "in this instance
the spray was clearly abusive as it was not used to protect
officers or others but was applied in a calculated and deliberate
way to inflict pain as a way of gaining compliance in cases of
demonstrators who posed no threat."

The later half of the program moves off of the intentional abuse
aspect and towards effectiveness issues.