I am an engineer at a major manufacturer of heavy duty diesel
engines. I went looking for, and found this discussion board because
I have something of a professional as well as personal interest in
biodiesel in particular. Perhaps I came upon this discussion board at
an atypical time, but I have to say that I am a bit disappointed that
so many of the recent posts have been more or less exclusively
political in nature. Now I realize that biofuels is something of a
political subject, but I also am a member of a number of other
discussion boards, and by and large the discussions there even when
in disagreement tend to stay a bit more respectful. I understand
individuals' desire here to educate others on political topics
related to biofuels, but nobody likes to be told they are stupid, or
their comments are stupid - perhaps ignorant and uneducated, but not
stupid.

I don't like sifting through all of these messages online since Yahoo
is slow and interjects advertisements. I also cannot afford to be e-
mailed all of them due to my e-mail system limitations. In the end,
it is just too burdensome to find relevant information on this board
right now.

I have to say that I am politically a conservative MOSTLY. I don't
agree with all of the current administrations views. There was a
great deal more I didn't agree with in the previous administration.
However, I would never presume to believe that Mr. Clinton was
stupid, or drank too much diet soda as some here would have us
believe of President Bush. Perhaps that comment was tongue-in-cheek,
I don't know as its hard to tell when just reading the text.

Anyway, this post is already too long so I'll wrap it up. I'd like to
see more relevant discussions of biofuels here. But I'm new, and if
this is the way the majority wants the board to go - then who am I to
think it should be different. I think that there is no need to offend
others or be offended. You all do as you like, but I doubt I'll be
around this board much.

Greg