----- Original Message -----
From: "Domenick V. Amato" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <biofuel@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2003 07:15
Subject: Re: [biofuel] Re: Behind the Great Divide

> When I wrote that I was reading email from this group for the first time.
> am a chemist who was, in the past, involved only marginally with the oil
> business.  I want to become involved with biofuels because I see it as an
> opportunity to do something that can be both creditable and profitable.
As
> I scanned down the long list of emails with "biofuels" in the subject
line,
> all I seemed to see were pro and anti-war commentary and an occasional
> harangue.
>
> It does not matter to me what your political affiliation is or what your
> opinion is any particular topic.  I have my own opinions.  What matters to
> me in the opportunity to learn something and , perhaps, the opportunity to
> share something I know in return.  I simply do not see the point of
> lambasting someone's antiwar position or lambasting George Bush for
> threatening war.  It accomplishes nothing in this arena.  However,
> discussing the effect of war or the possibility of war on the price of oil
> and, therefore, on the viability or development of biofuels is on-topic.

Many people on the list, see the war as a, result or by-product of the oil
issue, and so to them it would be on-topic.  For example, " Bush wants to
invade Iraq for the oil ", to some people, this is the truth, and to them it
would retard the developement of BioDiesel as a viable option for the
average consumer.  As a result of some of these discusions ( which I tried
to stay out of at first ), I learned a few things. It does not mean I totaly
change my stance on the issue, but, I am a little more aware.

> This group is one of a number of sources of information that I have begun
> use.  It is useful to me only if the value is worth the effort.   There
have
> been good discussions here so I will participate.  However, I will block
> senders whom I feel are primarily political in an attempt to focus on
> something that I may be able to control.  And I will be less likely to
> offend them.

This list, is like anyother, some of the info will be of use to some but not
to others.  I scan the subject line, and some of the info., and if it is no
use, or I don't want to be apart of it, I deleat it, and most of the other
items with that subject. If on the other hand, It is of intrest, I save it
for future referance, and I make a point to check all others with that same
subject, saveing the useful info, deleating things like the "Thank you" and
"Your welcome" post.

Greg H.