>Ladies and Gentlemen:
>
>When I wrote that I was reading email from this group for the first time.  I
>am a chemist who was, in the past, involved only marginally with the oil
>business.  I want to become involved with biofuels because I see it as an
>opportunity to do something that can be both creditable and profitable.  As
>I scanned down the long list of emails with "biofuels" in the subject line,
>all I seemed to see were pro and anti-war commentary and an occasional
>harangue.
>
>It does not matter to me what your political affiliation is or what your
>opinion is any particular topic.  I have my own opinions.  What matters to
>me in the opportunity to learn something and , perhaps, the opportunity to
>share something I know in return.  I simply do not see the point of
>lambasting someone's antiwar position or lambasting George Bush for
>threatening war.  It accomplishes nothing in this arena.  However,
>discussing the effect of war or the possibility of war on the price of oil
>and, therefore, on the viability or development of biofuels is on-topic.

We don't have many rules here, Mr Amato, but here's one of them: No
topic-cops. One would have thought you might have gathered that by
now. Consider this as a warning - stop trying to lay down the law on
what may and may not be discussed here and how list members should
behave.

Nor do we need to be told what does and doesn't accomplish the goals
of the list. The Biofuel mailing list is by far the biggest, most
dynamic, and most successful mailing list in its subject area on the
Internet. It has been most successful in promoting awareness of
biofuels and biofuels issues worldwide, in helping to develop
technology and methodology for small-scale use, in providing
information for a very wide variety of people, from would-be to
experienced biofuellers to the media, in providing a base and
materials for specific campaigns and advocacy efforts, and much
besides. You're just another newbie, but you've been making a lot of
untoward noise. Newbies are usually welcomed and helped, it's not
surprising you weren't. I strongly suggest you reconsider your
approach.

Keith Addison
Moderator