Keith,

<SNIP>

> Whatever, it's a recent term, not nearly as old as 4WD vehicles are.
> Older than online (or at least than the Web) but less than 20 years
> I'd say, and an American term, not in general world use even now.

I think so. When I was in Nice a couple of years back I was discussing
cars with a couple from the London area. They were tellig me of the
woes of their Estate car. I waited and asked later "whats an estate
car?" :-)

> Called a Town-Ace in the US. Picture here:
> http://www.us-autosales.com/townacel.htm
> US Auto - Honda Town Ace Lite
>
> Wow, "$3,800 - $6,500 Depending on model year and options." :-)

Is that good or bad?

> Higher clearance than it looks in this picture, by the way. The
> Hi-Ace is similar but bigger, and the original model - the first
> Hi-Aces were made in the late 60s I think. Current Hi-Aces have
> 3-litre turbo diesels and full-time 4x4. Too big for us - rural
> access roads in Japan are small, tight spaces.

Looks like an older Toyota minivan with a higher roofline. This is the
first one I've ever seen. Oh, look at the steering wheel, its on the
right side. Wonder where this one came from.

Now this is a Diesel or I guess the one you have is a Diesel?

<SNIP>
> >Names get created like BioDiesel and sometimes they
> >stick. Some names don't. Could be a television thing, commentators are
> >always saying dumb things that catch on.
> If it catches on then maybe it wasn't dumb.

Could be, I just think of all the goofy sports terms that people use
and that concept comes to mind.

> Best
>
> Keith

New Yahoo! Mail Plus. More flexibility. More control. More power.
Get POP access, more storage, more filters, and more.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Hcb0iA/P.iFAA/46VHAA/FGYolB/TM