Curtis,

Check me if I'm wrong but I've been over to Journeytoforever.org and I
 believe that Kieth does indeed drive an SUV. He of course does fuel
it with buidiesel and that does make a difference.

In the US more and more SUVs are actually being built on minivan
(these are full size vans outside the USA) chasis. This should improve
fuel economy some and safety as well as they will not be so top-heavy
or even quite so heavy (safety of the cars they hit).

The personal liberty issue is an important one and I share your fears.
 The basis of personal liberty is personal responsibility and I see a
great erosion of both in the US. OTOH is is very hard to make good and
responsible decisions when there is so much misinformation from all
directions.

Due to some very bad diesels sold in the US in the 1980s the country
is afraid of them. I studied diesels, worked on them, and really like
them but there are no viable diesels sold in America today that meet
my criteria. I used to have a Mercury Topaz diesel and that was a
wonderful car but it is no longer on the market and its replacement is
not available with diesel.

Regards
Tony Dean

--- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, "csakima" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Sorry Keith.
>
> It's just that each day, I see my freedoms slipping away.   And these
> impressions of the "typical SUV drivers" ... irrespective of whether
"true"
> or not ... irrespective of "why" it's happening, whether due to true
> "assholes" ... or the "advertising that encourages the behavior" ... or
> whatevers ... isn't helping the freedom-eroding process.
Nevertheless .. in