>I think you're right.   A trade deficit would seem to be like a store having
>a non-stop sale.  The sale of cash ... for a reduced amount of product.
>Then you give away the store .. and the store goes broke.
>
>National Deficit ... I also think you're right.   Deficit Spending DOES seem
>a little like were funding this whole thing of "some large credit card".  Or
>rather "some large mortgage loan".   With all the residential property,
>business property of the whole United States, and more importantly the
>"slave ownership papers" of our future generations, being offered up for
>Collateral.   I think some big economic expert once made that analogy on
>some radio talk show .......

Talking of future generations, it seems to me that we hear so much
talk of the unborn (mostly though not exclusively from the Republican
party), and their concern for the lives of the unborn.  Why not
concern for not spending the unborn into oblivion before they're even
born or conceived?

I'd also like to see the big experts return to talking about a
Balanced Budget Amendment.  Right now the states are in tough
circumstances, having to cut spending and raise taxes.  Some of those
states, I think, have enacted Balanced Budget amendments.  One reason
their revenue base is in disarray is, arguably, that the Federal
Government does not seem as inclined to behave itself.  I think an
Amendment of some sort is overdue.  Doubtless, as soon as it was fresh
out of the box, some pretext for temporary suspension of it would be
found on grounds of national security, but I'd like to see it in place
nevertheless.  I think a way to do this might be for some of the
states in dire financial circumstances to get together to sue the
Federal Government to get its financial house in order, and get some
good energy policy going while they're at it, and-or to work for
responsible fiscal laws for the Federal Government.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/rZll0B/4ftFAA/46VHAA/FGYolB/TM