developed by some guy named "Roesel"(????) ... or something like that.

'K, now don't all jump me with "that can't work!!" .... cause it's only how
*I* understand how it works (I could be wrong).

#1.  Basic template:  Automobile Alternator.   In a sense that the static
field spins inside of the actual power making coils.   OK??

#2.  It's just that, what spins inside (rotor) is a special type of magnetic
material.    And other than the actual power-making coils in the stator,
there are also special "exciter" coil which "writes" on the spinning drum.
Think: record head recording on magnetic tape.  Or like a floppy drive head.
Can you imagine that so far??

So as the rotor turns, the exciter head "writes" the "correct number of
poles" which, with the current RPM's .... equals 60 Hz.   If the RPM's
change, a microprocessor calculates the correct number of "poles" which
would result in 60 Hz.   And writes it .... ON THE FLY.

Not only is this a theory .... but several years ago an ACTUAL alternator
was built and tested.   It was tested with varying loads and a one-cylinder
engine (which of course, has .... ahem ... "excellent" speed consistency).
Loads were kicked in and out ... the engine did it's thing .... yet the
voltage AND THE FREQUENCY .... remained constant.

Maybe a google search on "Roesel" might get something .... I dunno.....

Curtis

Get your free newsletter at
http://www.ezinfocenter.com/3122155/NL