> Does anyone know of anywhere I can find information
>on making vegetable oil itself? The process, etc
>
> Clarence

Hi Clarence

Two ways, pressure extraction and solvent extraction, usually using
hexan - this is the commercial method, not for us. On pressure
extraction, do a couple of archive searches, for "approtec" and for
"bielenberg" - these are manual presses:

Lots more information here:
Oilseed presses
http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel_supply.html#Oilpress

There's more to it than just pressing though. Check these out:

The Fats and Oils: a General View, by Carl L. Alsberg and Alonzo E.
Taylor, 1928, Food Research Institute, Stanford University, California
First in a series of five Fats and Oils Studies published in the
1920s by the Food Research Institute. Good overview of the subject
written in layman's terms, covers nature and sources of fats and
oils, properties, technology, production, international trade and
more. Not very much has changed since then, it's just grown more
complex. A clear and informative guide -- useful information for
anyone making biodiesel or working with SVO. Full text online at the
Biofuels Library.
http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel_library/fatsoils/fatsoilsToC.html

Oils -- King's American Dispensatory, by Harvey Wickes Felter, M.D.,
and John Uri Lloyd, Phr. M., Ph. D., 1898
http://www.ibiblio.org/herbmed/eclectic/kings/olea.html

Chemical Reactions of Oil, Fat and Fat Based Products
http://alfa.ist.utl.pt/~fidel/creac/reac.html

Food Fats and Oils (1994) -- online book (Acrobat file, 1.3Mb):
http://www.iseo.org/foodfatsoils.pdf

Minor Oil Crops, B.L. Axtell from research by R.M. Fairman,
Intermediate Technology Development Group, Rugby, UK, FAO
Agricultural Services Bulletin No. 94, Rome, 1992, ISBN
92-5-103128-2: Part I - Edible oils, Part II - Non-edible oils, Part
III - Essential oils -- Full text online:
http://www.fao.org/inpho/vlibrary/x0043e/x0043e00.htm

Hope this helps.

Best

FREE Cell Phones with up to $400 Cash Back!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_bBUKB/vYxFAA/i5gGAA/FGYolB/TM