From: bratt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2003 8:20 AM
To: biofuel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [biofuel] Planting 10% for the animals..

I find this topic, "10% for the animals", quite interesting from the
standpoint of being a Bible student.  So many of the concepts that earth
friendly practices bring up are in ageement with the Bible.

 Leaving 10% for the animals is the equivalent of Lev:19:9:

"And when ye reap the harvest of your land, thou shalt not wholly reap the
corners of thy field, neither shalt thou gather the gleanings of thy
harvest."

The "corners" were left as the home of birds and wildlife, along with the
"gleanings" which were left for wildlife, birds, and for the poor to gather.

If things are kept in balance, the fox is not your enemy feasting on your
poultry, but your helper, controlling rodents that otherwise would be eating
and fouling your grain.

Ed