> I do not either, but will try to find out. It must
> be something with the definition of "Traditional".
> Sweden is very good on energy saving, have
> a lot of electricity generation with hydro and
> nuclear, uses a lot of heating oil. It must be
> somewhere in this mix, that give this surprising
> result. I know that it is not to the oil companies
> advantage, since they complained about a non
> traditional energy consumption in Sweden.
>
> Hakan

 Found it (below) along with a comparison of
 CO2 percentages for each country of world total --

 I wrote:
> > > [Hakan,  I don't understand this one]
> >  19 Energy and the environment.  [PDF pg.74]
> >  Traditional fuel Consumption
> >   (as % of total energy use)
> >                1997
> >  Sweden  17.9%
> >  USA         3.8%
> > http://hdr.undp.org/reports/global/2002/en/pdf/backone.pdf
> > Human developing index

 BUT first a bit about governance --

 HDR 2002  (Human Development Report)
 The world is becoming more democratic.
 Democratic regimes on the rise as authoritarianism declines.

 Number of countries
 82 Democratic
 39 Intermediate
 26 Authoritarian
> [MH - and 1 republic, right?  ;o]

 Shares of world population
 2000
     57% Democratic
     11% Intermediate
     30% Authoritarian
 1985
     38% Democratic
      8% Intermediate
     45% Authoritarian

 1.2MB  hdr.undp.org/reports/global/2002/en/pdf/charts-graphs.pdf

 ***

 Human Development Indicators 2002
 19 Energy and the environment
    Traditional fuel consumption (as % of total energy use), 1997
    Estimated consumption of fuel wood, charcoal, bagasse, non-
    commercial energy and animal, industrial, municipal and pulp
    and paper waste. Traditional fuel use and commercial energy
    use together make up total energy use.
 97.6%  Chad
 54.2%  Costa Rica
 43.4%  South Africa
 28.7%  Brazil
 20.7%  India
 17.9%  SWEDEN
 11.3%  Chile
  6.5%  Finland
  6.0%  Switzerland
  5.9%  Denmark
  5.7%  France
  4.7%  Austria
  4.7%  Canada
  4.5%  Greece
  4.1%  Australia
  4.0%  Argentina
  3.8%  USA
  3.3%  UK

http://hdr.undp.org/reports/global/2002/en/indicator/indicator.cfm?File=indic_450_1_1.html

 Carbon dioxide emissions --
 Share of world total (%) 1998
 22.5%  USA
 12.8%  China
  5.9%  Russian Federation
  4.7%  Japan
  4.4%  India
  3.4%  Germany
  2.2%  UK
  1.9%  Canada
  1.7%  Italy
  1.5%  France
  1.5%  Korea, Rep. of
  1.5%  Mexico
  1.5%  Ukraine
  1.4%  Australia
  1.4%  South Africa
  1.3%  Poland
  1.2%  Brazil
  1.2%  Iran, Islamic Rep. of
  1.2%  Saudi Arabia
  1.0%  Indonesia
  0.2%  SWEDEN
 67k
http://hdr.undp.org/reports/global/2002/en/indicator/pdf/hdr_2002_table_19.pdf

Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for
Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/FGYolB/TM