At 09:27  18/04/2003 -0500, you wrote:

> > Crude oil is a limited amount available, but both veg oil and water
> > is renewable. Imagine the size of production equipment, investment,
>
>   Has anyone ever proved that there is no ongoing natural production
>of crude oil? Why would a process that has been ongoing for eons
>suddenly stop?
>Tom Fisher
>Dallas,TX

rate, mate, is what it is about...

sustainability is about the rate of consumption being less or equal than
the rate of production.

sure, geology is a strange and complex process and it is not clear why gas
deposites form... well, less than perfectly clear but I would be very
surprised of it had halted altogether... unless ofcourse it was related to
specific climate condition, similar to coal formation being associated with
inter-glaciation hot house periods...

   ########## Paul van den Bergen
####       # Gabrielle Harrison
#  ####    # 848 High Street Rd
####  #    # Glen Waverley VIC 3150 Australia
   #   ###### [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   #   #      ph/fax. +613 9886 3160
   #####

Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for
Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/FGYolB/TM