Andrew,

I think your assumption is that this photo indicates that the U.S. troops
killed Iraqis who were in the process of surrendering. I obviously don't have
any idea as I wasn't there, BUT the photo alone is not proof of this. It was
widely reported in the 'mainstream press' that Iraqis were approaching U.S.
troops with white flags, and when close enough, dropping the flags and opening
fire against the troops. Maybe this is what happened and why they were shot.
Also, the fact that troops stood there in the picture doesn't prove that they
are the ones who shot them. They could have found the dead men hours after
they were shot, and just appear 'guilty' since they are in the picture.

Pictures can lie too, especially out of context.

Derek Hargis
> On Fri, 18 Apr 2003 13:19:30 +0200, "Hakan Falk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
> >
> > Bush, Rumsfeld, Powell, Blair and Howard have secured a prominent place
> > in
> > the world history,...
>
> snip
>
> >..It is also a war crime, according to the Geneva convention.
> >
> > Hakan
> >

> I,ve seen a number of photos of dead Iraqi soldiers holding white flags.
> One of the pictures was on the front page of the UK 'Independent'
> newspaper, showing two soldiers dead in a 2-3 man dug-out trench, one
> clutching a white flag. Several US soldiers stood by the trench.
>
> None of this seems to have attracted any comment whatsoever in mainstream
> media discussion.
>

> Andrew Preston

Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for
Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/AG3JAA/FGYolB/TM