Hello,
I've been trying to find technical info on the use of ethanol in the
biodiesel manufacturing process, with no luck.  I've been discussing the
possibility of a small-scale plant that produced both biodiesel and
ethanol, using agricultural raw materials (we are lucky in California -
lots of raw materials).  It seems that there would have to be an internal
production of methanol to feed into biodiesel production- perhaps not hard
to do if you are making ethanol at the same time?  Apparently any woody
material can be used for methanol production.  I don't know of any yeast
that churn out methanol, although there may be some bacteria that do.  You
would need some good distillation equipment, in any case.

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, Bryan Brah wrote:

> Since it is so difficult to make BioDiesel with ethanol, how hard would
> it be to make methanol at home?  I know that methanol is a by-product of
> ethanol distillation of fruits containing high concentrations of pectin,
> is there a way to exploit this fact and make just methanol?
>

> -BRAH

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

> Biofuels list archives:
> http://archive.nnytech.net/

> To unsubscribe, send an email to:

Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for
Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/AG3JAA/FGYolB/TM