From: GuyW [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2003 4:06 PM
To: biofuel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [biofuel] cleanschoolbussusa

I have been told that oil contamination by fuel on idling semis is a
problem, including anecdotal stories of overflowing crankcases on semis
left
to idle all night.  The engine block apparently doesn't maintain a high
enuff temp (and the compression is lower than operating conditions),
leading
to fuel bypassing the rings.

-Guy-

>   I've just been talking to a man about running buses on SVO.
>  He reckons that buses that spend a lot of time with the engine
ticking
over
> have a problem with  fuel contamination of  the sump oil.
> Can anyone confirm this?
> James

> Biofuels list archives:
> http://archive.nnytech.net/