Hello Mark

>Dear Keith
>
>I don't always respond thats true but I do read.
>The mixing is limited to 5 minutes because thats
>all the blender will take before it smells of
>burning plastic.

So switch it off for 5 minutes to let it cool down a bit then mix for
another 5 minutes, and so on, for at least half an hour.

>I agree that the mixing time is
>short and it is conducted at room temperature
>only for the moment.

If you heat the oil separately first in a saucepan to 55 deg C/130
deg F it will stay hot for quite a long time during the blender mix -
though the lower temp of the methanol will cool it down a bit. But
still much better than RT.

>I do have, however, a hot
>plate with a magnetic stirrer coming along within
>the next few days. The first sample was only
>washed once. So agreed, there are improvements to
>be made.

Indeed. Still it seems you're doing okay to have got separation at
all in these conditions. Gear up a bit and follow the instructions at
the links I gave you and you'll be fine:

http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_make.html
Make your own biodiesel: Journey to Forever

http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_bubblewash.html
Bubble washing: Journey to Forever

I do rather think you should have told us all this in the first place
though before asking what had gone wrong with your wash. (Nothing, as
it turns out.)

Best

Keith

>Regards