----- Original Message -----
From: "Andreas W Ohnsorge" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Tomas,
>
> I had a similar problem with WVO from a restaurant when I tried the
> "foolproof recipe" allthough it worked fine with virgin oil. I had some
> sort of success using the two stage acid based version with a recipe found
> in the following website (but it requires titrating AND determination of
> peroxide number): http://mars.wiz.uni-kassel.de/agt/biodiesel/rezept.html

Greetings Andreas,
The site you mentioned gives details for the calculation of methoxide
compositions for the base/base two stage method, not the acid/base two stage
method.
Their calculator is interesting. I'm curious as to why they place so much
emphasis on peroxide number instead of say the saturation of the oil/fat
molecules.
Definition of Peroxide Number: "The extent of oxidation that has taken place
in a sample pf lipid or lipid fat can be expressed in terms of peroxide
value."

Haven't been able to find much about the expected levels of stored WVO/F.
For fresh oils such as Hemp and Emu  figures of 5meq/kg were quoted.

Ran a few figures through the calculator, the methanol levels stay the same
for all FFA and peroxide levels, its the KOH levels in the two stages that
change
A peroxide number of 10 made very little difference to the result Would be
interesting to find out what figures could be expected for WVO/F stored for
some time.

One of the links that turned up dealt with preventing oxideation of oils,
looks like rosemary comes up tops here.

http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/4124/NSOres.html

Regards   Paul Gobert.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/uetFAA/FGYolB/TM