Hi,

I did a blender test batch of biodiesel last night.  I
titrated to 2ml, so I used 5.5g of lye and mixed it in
with 200ml of methanol.  I then heated the oil up(1
litre), and put it in the blender, and mixed for 15-20
minutes.  It quickly began to separate and the
biodiesel at the very top inch of the blender after
the first 15 minutes or so was quite clear.  I woke up
in the morning and only 125 ml or glycerin settled out
and the biodiesel is cloudy.  It dropped to only 50
degrees last night.  Shouldn't there by at least 200
ml of glycerin settled at the bottom?  There are only
2 layers, the top, light and slightly cloudy, and the
dark glycerin.  Where is the extra 75 ml of glycerin,
and at what temp does the biodiesel clear up?  Thanks,

Dan

http://calendar.yahoo.com

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/CNxFAA/FGYolB/TM