http://biz.yahoo.com/rm/030828/environment_carbon_1.html

If the US succeeds in killing Kyoto, then whatever, but ultimately I'm
going to continue suggesting that those nations who notice a clear
trend toward warming and want a change in tune from the U.S., might
want to pursue a partial strategy of WTO type penalties.  Some folks
only understand the languages of force and money.  American Insurers,
and others, faced with the prospects of massive penalties at home (if
Global Warming does cause damage) and trade penalties to the overall
economy from abroad, might change their tune.

I don't understand all of Kyoto, but I haven't heard much about it as
to penalties for non-compliers or non-signers.  What about that?  If
one nation, through a sort of deliberate bet that global warming can't
be the case, ends up being wrong and contributing disproporationately
to the property damage worldwide, then shouldn't it pay for its bet?

MM

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/FGYolB/TM