Yes, my thoughts exactly.

Seriously though, it's something that needs addressing, even if you
think it's "hopefully" well off into the future, you want work to go
on to ask what can be done.

One of the interesting things about the show I saw on this on TV was
they said that eruptions of this sort may coincide with genetic data
in Mitochondrial DNA suggesting periods in history when populations of
humans (or precursors?) were reduced to precariously narrow numbers.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/FGYolB/TM