Ken,

I have some minor problems to consolidate the efficiency
assumptions.

My information is that power stations have 30 to 50 and
slightly above and from small to large. I also understand
that this is the same as for fuel cells 30 to 50 and from
small to large.

Chargeable batteries have an efficiency in the range of
80%, according to my understanding.

On heat engines we have the same understanding.

I also understand that Hydrogen molecules are so small
that it is much larger containment problems than Natural
Gas. It is no compatibility between equipment for Natural
gas and Hydrogen. I saw that the fuel tank for one of the
hydrogen car prototypes had a cost of $20,000.

R/P value for US Natural gas is around 7 years and for
the world 60 years. To use NG is even a less sustainable
situation than oil. Producer gas from coal would probably
be an alternative, but it is very dirty and it is therefore the
politicians do not want to talk about it. It is however the
realistic and logic outcome of the Bush hydrogen alternative.
It could extend the use current energy consumption at
low cost with 50 to 100 years. It would also make US less
dependent on oil imports.

My suspicion is that the much advertised US hydrogen
economy will turn out to be a Producer gas (Gengas)
economy, based on the larges domestic coal reserves in
the world. US will never join the Kyoto agreement.

The technical discussions that we now have are more than
half a century old or 70 years.

Hakan

ReplayTV: Control live television
Special Sale: 50% off ReplayTV