On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 15:31:01 +0200, you wrote:

>MM,
>
>Known Resources/Production or Consumption per year is
>R/P value. It gives you the number of years the local resources
>would last with current consumption of energy.

>It turns out to be the consumption when you look at local level
>like a country, since the consumption is filled by imports. The
>way it is used it should really be R/C instead, but it is an old
>measurement from the days when export/import did not play
>that much. US have a R/P of 10 years for oil and that means
>that its local resources would last for 10 years with its local
>consumption, for NG it is 7 years. Because the limited capacity
>of transport and distribution for import, US now have a NG crises.

It isn't clear to me if it's consumption or production.  Which is it?
There are huge differences in these numbers in the US.

For example, our consumption of Oil is roughly 20 million barrels per
day (7.3 Billion barrels per year).  Our production is roughly 10
million barrels per day (3.65 billion barrels per year, more or less).
So, which number are you using in stating this R/P for Oil in the
U.S.?  That will give me a better idea of what you're saying.

>New discoveries does change the number, but the estimates
>of unknown resources varies between 1 to 3 times the known,
>between the realistic and most overly optimistic estimates. This
>would give US maximum 20 to 40 year for oil and 14 to 28 years
>for NG, before their reserves are definitely gone. It is however
>not a definite stop, since the production would go down gradually.
>It would however cause many severe crises.
>
>Hakan
>

>At 01:50 PM 9/22/2003, you wrote:
>
>> >R/P value for US Natural gas is around 7 years and for
>> >the world 60 years.
>>
>>Hakan:
>>
>>Could you please provide a definition for "R/P value"?  I think you
>>did this once, but I can't find it, nor any mention of this term on
>>google.com
>

>Biofuel at Journey to Forever:
>
>Biofuels list archives:
>http://archive.nnytech.net/
>
>Please do NOT send Unsubscribe messages to the list address.
>To unsubscribe, send an email to:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Buy Remanufactured Ink Cartridges & Refill Kits at MyInks.com for: HP $8-20.
Epson $3-9, Canon $5-15, Lexmark $4-17. Free s/h over $50 (US & Canada).
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=6351
http://us.click.yahoo.com/0zJuRD/6CvGAA/qnsNAA/FGYolB/TM