On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 12:34:15 -0400, you wrote:

>I'm not that old Hakan, but I still hear it echoing.
>Energy will never get that cheap unless there is an abundance like you
>say, and then only if their is competition. (both)

The abundance could I think only take place in a world or national or
local economy where demand was sensitive to price and became more
modest.  One could go through a period of such cheapness, although I
think eventually demand, seeing that price is so cheap, might rise to
bring it up.

You could argue that the first one hundred years or more of the
electric power industry has had the price of electricity reflect in
some ways an under-pricing because in some cases payment for negative
externalities has been put off to others, or put off to the future.

Another thought that keeps occurring to me is that providing energy,
or any other sustainable resource, to a given population would be
easier if the population were not growing by leaps and bounds.  I
think some progress has been made in birth control technologies and
practices over the last few decades, but I hope that more progress is
made, giving parents better control of if and when to choose to have
children.  This is in part an economic decision (for some).
Ultimately, if population on the globe were to grow with no end in
sight then it's not possible, in my view, to define any sustainable
solutions to provide basic needs to that population.

>Hakan Falk wrote:
>
>>Hi Martin,
>>
>>I did not think that you were that old, but yes in the beginning of the 1960's
>>and for nuclear power.
>>
>>Hakan
>>
>>At 10:53 PM 9/21/2003, you wrote:
>>

>>>I'm sorry for being nostalgic, but haven't we heard about electricity
>>>being "too cheap to meter"?
>>>

>>>robert luis rabello wrote:
>>>

>--

ReplayTV: Control live television