> Then he told me he's an "Associate Professor Emiritus" (even spelled
> it right) and threatened me with "retribution". I'm still shaking in
> my boots (haven't dared take them off). Then he unsubbed. :-/ Still
> trying to figure how refusing to censor stuff means I've got a closed
> mind. Oh well. Such are the joys of list moderation.

Well you know of course...there is a big difference between a matriculate
and a graduate. Appears that he fails to see the difference between a piece
of sheep's skin and a mind that is fully functional in both forward and
reverse.

Fair guess is that your fellow has aged inside a closed mind in
middle-muddle academia and is looking at the "back side of forty" (or 50? or
60?) with nary a clue as to where it's all gone and only a hint that the
rest will be over before he's done squandering it.

Don't know how one goes about oiling the hinges of one like without threat
of bodily harm. Doesn't appear that you fared very well in the greasing the
skids category.

Perhaps "retribution" meant that he would rethink his ill manners and
incomplete logic, to come back later and offer credit to a moderator that
permits a fair lattitude of reasonable thought from each end of the
spectrum?

Perhaps not.

Personally? Rather thankful that I didn't have to drink from a cup of such
swill.

What is it about people who drop $10-20,000 for a few letters behind their
name that gives them cause to rise to a level of superiority?

Humans. God love 'em. It's damned difficult for me.

Todd Swearingen