Hi Keith and all the list,

> Hi Derek, how goes?

I'm hoping to be more active on the list again. I've had trouble accessing
the list through my company's firewall. Things are improving. Anyway, I have
been reading through a couple of thousand messages and catching up!!

I've been thinking of back when I first joined the list and we had a minor
celebration when we hit 500 members. Now I see we are heading for two
thousand. Over the relatively few years that we have been visiting together,
I think a lot of progress has been made with biofuels. Although it can seem
frustrating at times, I think if one looks at where we have come from, a lot
has been accomplished.

Also in the roughly four years of the list, Keith moved from Hong Kong to
Japan, and has lived at two locations in Japan. I moved from Saudi, to
Beijing, China, to Spain, and back to Saudi. I'm sure many others have also
had personal upheavals!

During the four years of the list there have been two wars fought, many would
say with energy concerns at the root of the cause for the conflicts. We've
used up a lot more fossil fuels. Concerns that four years ago were discussed
such as global warming are now becoming less theory and more real with recent
news reports about the shrinking ice caps, etc.

But, the word is getting out about biofuels. More and more people are aware
of them. More people are using them. Their time is here and now, and more so
every day. Other things are helping. Wind energy is fast becoming a major
player whereas four years ago it was just getting off the ground. Hybrid
vehicles were more or less a concept four years ago. Now, they are close to
making a major play. I'm sure everyone will have their own examples.

But, I do kind of feel that we are swimming just ahead of the wave. Hopefully
fast enough to keep it from crashing on us. And, hopefully it won't be a
tsunami.

Regards,

Derek

Rent DVDs from home.